• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Too much dopamine or Too little?

Big)Sky

Bluelighter
So i have a mild/moderate stutter/stammer. It goes from repeating parts of words, pausing in the middle of a sentence because the words cant come out of my mouth.

This causes me much aggervation as i can never speak what i feel inside. It drives me absoutly insane. Sometimes i have low confidence when talking to girls because i cant speak exactly whats on my mind.

Some days i can speak fluent as ever, without any problems at all. Other days i cant go a sentence without sounding like studdering sam.

Now, they say High dopamine levels are associated with a stutter, but also say that low dopamine levels effect speech.

I smoke marijuana every day, as i am a medical patient. I used to use alot of LSD,MDMA. I have not used MDMA in over 6 months and LSD in about 4 months.

I take 5-htp about 3-4 times a week, which they say lowers dopamine levels. I also take L-Tyrsoine after the days i take 5-HTP to counter act the depleation of dopamine.

If high dopamine is associated with stuttering, then i want to discontinue use. But on the other hand if low dopamine levels effect speech i dont want to be too low on either.

Does anyone have any personal experience with helping stuttering? Im so confused its not even funny. SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE PLEASE HELP!

I'm unsure about the dopamine, but what you said about smoking every day reminded me of a thread I read awhile back...
How often do you smoke cannabis?
I didn't realize it until a couple years ago, when I started using heavily, but cannabis severely messes up my speech skills/vocab. Not just when I'm high, the next day too.
I talk to hundreds of people a day (at work), and the difference between when I'm high (at work) vs. high after work vs. totally clean is quite frightening.
If my system is green, I stumble/mumble/slur my words, and my thoughts seem to get lost in translation as they exit my mouth .. even if repeating something I tell people every single day for months on end.
My overall quality of diction increases markedly after several days of abstinence as well.

Ya this is my problem, i love marijuana. Its a cure for my back pain, and cure for my slight seasonal depression.

But from what im hearing smoking anything in general, releases dopamine, which could cause speech impairment. Maby i will just start making edibles with strong hash for now on.

That's odd. My speech slows down and is more careful on mj.. altho only in the last year did it start to become slow and burnt out when i was high, which directly correlates with the beginning of my stimulant use -- mainly my scripted adderall and meth, with some occasional mdma

The pre-stimulant years when i was a heavy stoner, i had no such issues and went to work high. I was high all the time and hid it very well. I'm sure i could still pull it off but i haven't smoked in 7 months or stopped taking stims long enough to test this

Instead of dopamine tho i think you may just be burnt out.. that is, your adrenal glands. When i was smoking like every hour or two during the day, i had to take B-complex in the morning to stay clear-headed and alert. Most people need that anyway, even sober.. I still take it

Thats what ive been thinking, adrenal fatigue. Ive been suplementing with Bee Pollen and lots of proper exercise. My THC intake has taken a stop for 3 weeks ( job drug test), all tho i did puff a little JWH-18 today, its not going to be an everyday thing.

If you have experienced adrenal fatigue and gotten over it, what steps did you take?

Taking B-complex, magnesium and zinc everyday helps me a lot. Then there's a nother one i take called Adrenal Support. As for diet, i recently started adding flax oil and coconut oil to my salads and seen a nice lift to my mood & energy :)

Im kind of shuned away from the lab made vitamins/supplements. The bee pollen contains everything you need to sustain life.

But i will look into the flax oil,coconut oil to add to my diet. Thanks for the response.:)

Not too sure about weed, but I seem to suffer from a bit of a stutter when I've done a fair bit of coke. It goes away after a while, I also have a mate that stutters when sober, after hes had a few lines it gets really bad so I can definitely attest to raised dopamine levels making it worse.

Doing lots of LSD gives you a stutter I have a friend who only takes LSD and before he ever took LSD he never had a stutter. Hes been doing acid at least once a week for about 2 years now and he stutters really bad and his speech is really slow n mumbled.